Originally built in 1899, the building was last used for school in 1959. The building remained empty until 1977 when the Daughters of Utah Pioneers bought the building for $1. Over time the building deteriorated becoming completely unusable. The building was eventually turned over to Spring City in the hopes the building could be restored.
Through many fundraising efforts, the “Old School” returned to its original glory in 2017 with the new title of the Spring City Community Center. This project wouldn’t have been possible without our very own Craig Paulsen who spent countless amount of hours crafting the building back to life.